Todd Edwards @ The Barbary
I'd love to tell you that last night I witnessed Todd Edwards get behind the bar for five minutes of his set and serve drinks. But ever the consummate professional, he spun records and made everybody feel great.
One thing that I noticed is that most house DJs are morphing sets. ESPECIALLY if they’re longer sets. Last night, Willyum and Todd Edwards did this thing where they play my awesome Chicago House for an hour, and then starting in to the second hour, they really start to get heavy. Getting in to Acid, and touching techno. To wit, I was there in the sound booth and the sound booth guy was turning up the levels in the last 30 minutes of Willyum’s set. Furthermore, Willyum started playing DEADWALKMAN, just to give you an idea of how bass heavy with kick drum things were getting.
Legit, I thought I was having some sort of medical issue, but it turns out everything was so turned up for Willyum’s last 30 minutes that I actually had heartburn from the bass.
Biggest reaction out of the night was then Todd Edwards put the pride flag on his phone when he started playing "You Don't Know Me."
Todd Edwards set that I tried to grab - probably only half:
- Hardrive - Deep Inside (Todd Edwards Remix)
- Todd Edwards & Jay Robinson - Gey Ready
- Musicology y Menes - Una Nena
- Todd Edwards - Shut the Door
- Todd Edwards - Never Far from You (Never - Ever Dub)
- Darius Syrossian & DJ Sneak - Big Business (Todd Edwards Remix)
- Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra (unknown mix)
- C.J. Bolland - Sugar Is Sweeter (Armand Van Helden's Drum 'n' Bass Mix)
- Sandy B - Make the World Go Round (Knuckleheadz Remix)
- Paul Johnson - Get Get Down
- The Bucketheads - The Bomb! (These Sounds Fall Into My Mind)
- Armand Van Helden - You Don't Know Me (feat. Duane Harden)
- Steve "Silk" Hurley, Venessa Mitchell, Ricky Dillard, New G - Higher (Steve Silk Hurley Original 12 Inch)
- Smooth Touch - House of Love (More / Phearce Mix)
- Smooth Touch - House of Love (Tom Flynn Strictly Rhythms Edit)
- Truancy - Upside
- Space Echo - Soul Power
- Kerri Chandler - Bar a Thym
- Todd Edwards heavy mix - Face to Face
- Rick Marshall - I Want You
- Haskell - Psycho (feat. David LeSal)
- Todd Edwards, Shermanology & Rudimental - Rain
- MK - Burning (Fanatix Powerhouse edit)
- Todd Edwards - Saved Interlude
Comments